Recognition

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Just Us Girls #733 -- ANYTHING GOES STENCIL Week



Sue is hosting ANYTHING GOES STENCIL week at Just Us Girls.  This week, incorporate the use of a stencil in your card.  I used a new stencil set from Wafflle Flower comprised of six stencils. The stencils are structured so you create alternating colors of roses.  I did my roses in one set of colors.  On the flower center stencil, I used gold embossing paste.  The final touch was a vellum-backed, layered sentiment in one of the colors of the roses. The background panel was trimmed and mounted on an A2 card.

Continuing with my New Year's resolution, I made four additional backgrounds in various colors for future use.  This card will be donated to Friends After Diagnosis, an organization supporting cancer patients.  In addition to their many patient programs, therapy and service, staff members often send messages of support to local patients.

Check out our fabulous guest designer for June, Jane Taylor. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/purplejetjt/).

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Also, we have created a longer timeframe for our challenges! Wednesdays at 6:00 pm EST will be our new ending time in order to give you another day to get your cards in the gallery! The Winner of the Week will be announced now on Thursdays, an hour before the new challenges open.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesWaffle Flower Painted Flowers Background Stencil
Simon Says Stamp I Wish I Could Hug You
Mama Elephant Femme Frames
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Ink Various Simon Says Stamp and My Favorite Things dye ink
My Crafter's Companion gold paste
Embellishments
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of the background stencil

Carol said...

Beautiful stenciling...I could be tempted to go to WF to check them out! I lke every color combo you used too!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those background flowers look amazing and I love all of the variations you created! Absolutely beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty stenciled backgrounds, Elizabeth! Love what the vellum layer adds to your sentiment. Wonderful card!

Bobby said...

Those flowers look great in any color, Elizabeth, and make a wonderful background for your sentiment which I love.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I so love this stencil set. Your colors are wonderful especially the touch of gold! This is such a versatile design, and I love it!