Recognition

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Just Us Girls #729 -- CASE A DT Week


Vicki is hosting CASE a DT week at Just Us Girls.  CASE a Design Team [DT] member means it is your choice to CASE any DT's card in the JUGS post. [CASE= copy & share everything].  In a nutshell, use what inspires you from the card you choose, and create your own. There is such a selection from what the Team has created using anything goes for their creations. 

If you need help in learning how to CASE a card, please check out Ardyth's post on her LIMES method.  CASEing others' work is a powerful learning tool enabling you to solidify your own style.

This week, for my DT card, I used a full A2 panel, die cut floral design from Spellbinders.  I don't have many Spellbinder products but I definitely love this one.  There are four designs in this series called Freshly Picked.  I used the Freshly Picked Daffodils (and am thinking about purchasing another one!).  What a great way to use your scraps! I made six cards.  So easy.  For the two flower petal dies I did spray my cardstock with Heidi Swapp metallic inks for a bit of dimension.

Continuing with my New Year's resolution, I made five additional cards for future use.

Check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesSpellbinders Fresh Picked Daffodils
Winnie and Walter Hello Cutaway
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Misc. solid color cardstock
Glossy white cardstock (sentiment)
InkHeidi Swapp metallic ink sprays
Embellishments Memory Box micro rhinestones
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome guy cut background turned out fabulous

Carol said...

Love that dark background for the bold colors of the flowers and leaves! And the Hello is a fun font. I like that it is big to go with the size of the other die cuts. Very cheerful card!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is fantastic, Elizabeth. I love that your big, bold, colorful floral covers the card front and the black base is so perfect to accentuate those colors. The sprays are a wonderful affect, as is the bold, white sentiment. Such a wonderful card!

Bobby said...

Your brightly colored flowers really pop against the dark background, Elizabeth, and I love how the spray adds extra color variation to the blooms.

cm said...

I'm crushing over all your versions of the daffodils; bright and cheery. Definitely inspired to check out this collection after seeing your pretty makes.
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Big, bold and beautiful! Love the depth from the sprays on your florals.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for your sweet comment, Elizabeth! Your cards are so inspiring that I couldn't help myself and had to CASE you!