Recognition

Thursday, May 16, 2024

Just Us Girls #727 -- MOODBOARD Week

Carol is hosting MOODBOARD week at Just Us Girls.  This week, take your inspiration from the photo above (a larger version of the photo is on the site at Just Us Girls).  

I focused on the beach accessories. I live in South Florida, on the beach, and love to send "Florida" cards to people.  To this end, I have a newish set from Papertrey Ink called Beach Bag. The bag itself can hold a gift card if desired. All the bag items are sturdy enough that it would be fun to make an asymmetrical card. I, however, mounted everything on an A2 card base.  Given the layers, the card is quite thick. One fun thing... it is a great way to use up scraps.  Except for the background, I did not pull out any new sheets of cardstock or DSP.  Love cleaning up the scrap basket. At the last minute, I added several shell sequins. I don't remember where I got these but they are used for nail decoration.

Continuing with my New Year's resolution, I made two additional cards for future use.

Check out our fabulous guest designer for May, Jenny Martin. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at My Paper Epiphany

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesPapertrey Ink Beach Bag
Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Honey Bee Beach Vibes DSP (backgrounds)
LOTS of miscellaneous scrap cardstock
Ink
Embellishments Unknown shell sequins
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

8 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Great minds! I love how we used the same set, but our cards look so different! I love your bright colours and now you've inspired me to make more:)

cm said...

You've definitely collected all the accessories needed for a trip to the beach and packed them into an oh-so-pretty purse. Love this!
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just love all of these fun dies! The perfect inspired card!

Carol said...

Great cards!!! Love that set. I need to get it out. Love your thinking: do 2-3 cards at once while the stuff is out on the desk!

Celeste Goff said...

This card just screams beach! Love it!

Bobby said...

The fun thing about that set, Elizabeth, is you can use different papers and never get tired of creating with it. All of your combinations are such fun.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just hit "send" on the purchase of this set because of sever appearances of projects made with it lately, including this (and these) wonderful cards of yours. You know I am a Jersey Shore girl, and this set is so delightful to share the love. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the cute polka dot hat! Love them all Elizabeth!