Recognition

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Just Us Girls #715 -- ANYTHING GOES STENCIL Week

 


Bobby is hosting Anything Goes Stencil week at Just Us Girls.  This week, just use a stencil on your project. I used a layered stencil to create the background of my card above. In my first attempt at this card, I made it much harder than it needed to be (in my opinion). I loved the idea of a domed card given the arched sentiment but decided that all the layers were not necessary. I also simplified the crocuses to a single color rather than distressed petals.  The changes made it much easier to make multiples.

Check out our fabulous guest designer for February, Denise Morgans. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at The Crafty Den

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesThe Stamp Market Arched Hellos
Pinkfresh Kaleidoscope
Waffle Flower Nested Domes
The Stamp Market Cutest Crocus
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bazzill solid pink and green cardstock
InkVersafine Tuxedo Black
Hero Arts clear embossing powder
Posca white paint pen
Embellishments Pinkfresh glitter dots
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

10 comments:

Carol said...

My favorite spring/summer colors and the stencil is great!!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome job on that background stenciling!

I Card Everyone said...

Elizabeth, I can hardly wait to borrow this stencil from my friend Marcia again! LOve it as a background to these darling crocus... crocuses... croci? lol
=]

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful card, full of spring! I so love when crocus flowers appear - immediate joy! Love the colors you chose and I LOVE that kaleidoscope background. I think I need it!

Lisa Elton said...

Your stenciled kaleidoscope is fabulous and makes a great background for the crocus blooms! Pretty cards, Elizabeth!

Bobby said...

I've been seeing that kaleidoscope stencil around and the more I see it the more I want it. It makes a great background for your lovely crocuses, Elizabeth, and I can see why you wanted to simplify for multiples. They're beautiful either way.

Ina G said...

Gorgeous Elizabeth. Love the bold bright pinks. Great layout!

cm said...

The dome shape, the kaleidoscope background; the flowers - a card filled with all-things lovely!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the shaped card and your pretty stenciling in the multi colors. Makes a fun, fresh background for the florals.

Darnell said...

These are beautiful, Elizabeth! You got pretty patterns with your stencil, pretty colors, and pretty layered crocus flowers! And I love the unique arched shape and arched sediment! Hugs, Darnell