Recognition

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Thinking about 2023

 


Another new year and a few crafty resolutions that I am hoping to adopt:

1. Make more interactive cards!  I made a few interactive cards in 2022 and they were great fun.  Not so much fun folds, but more reveal wheels, box and shadow, and pop ups.

2. Continue working on my watercolor skills and building my confidence level in the end results.

3. Spend more time CASing other designers.  So many cardmakers have a stylistic expertise that we can learn from, especially using Ardyth's LIMES technique.  I am not trying to break out of my box (style) but I would love to expand the size of the box!

4. In addition to my yearly donation to Operation Gratitude, add a commitment of 10 cards/month each to Little Birthday Angels and Friends After Diagnosis.

5. Overhaul the craft room from top to bottom.  Make the tiny room work for me.  There is no more space so I need to find a way to be comfortable in it. Willingly recycle craft supplies to others who are just starting out in cardmaking or those who can put them to better use.

6. Inventory everything on Evernote.  Figure out what has been hiding and USE it (or lose it!)

7. Fall 2023. reconsider the investment required to adopt foiling. This is still a question mark because I am undecided about my commitment to the trend.

8. Go to town on my design team cards!

I hope you have set some goals for your crafty learning as well.

Happy 2023!

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Evernote was on my list to do when I started my retirement……that was 3 years ago! More perseverance to you. It was too overwhelming for me to do. Good goals for 23. No doubt you will succeed, 😊

Cindy Beach said...

I love reading other people's goals. Yours are thought provoking and inspiring! Your talents are wonderful but I also have seen so much growth in your work! I'd like to do more donating of my cards. Looking up Ardyth's technique now.