Recognition

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Christmas Card Throwdown January Theme Challenge


This week,
 Christmas Card Throwdown is challenging us to incorporate FAIRIES into our cards.  This was a tough challenge.  I was fairly certain I don't own any fairies, stamps or dies.  So I googled "are fairies the same as angels?"  According to The Guardian "Angels are asexual, surely; and they don't have wings. Fairies, on the other hand, have two sexes and wings." Given this definition, this little guy, who has wings, is a fairy.  Though if you had asked I would have said he was an angel!  I think it is still a cute Christmas card.  The sentiment pulls it all together!

I am also submitting this card to Double Trouble and the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge.  Check them out.

Be sure to drop by and see the inspiration cards made by all the design team members and leave them some love!

Enjoy.  I can't wait to see your creations in the gallery.


Project Details
Stamps/DiesAlexandra Renke Angel on the Moon
Neat & Tangled Winter Trees (sentiment)
Amuse Artstamps Starry Night Background
Cardstock   110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
My Favorite Things matte gold cardstock
Bazzill black cardstock (for stacking)
 InkDistress inks (Black Soot and Chipped Sapphire)
Versamark
Hero Arts gold and white embossing powder
Embellishments
OtherDahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
Bearly Art glue

9 comments:

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful

Lisa said...

That is one super die cut and a very sweet Christmas card. Great CAS design.

Andreja said...

Elizabeth, what a beautiful festive card you made :-)) I like your Fairy ❤️

Fabiola said...

elle est très élégante et chic Elizabeth, biz

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful... love the gold against the dark background and sharing with The Fairy and The Unicorn challenge.

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Pairing the fairy sitting on the crescent moon with the stars behind is ingenious!!! The sentiment/song lyrics are also a terrific match!! Excellent! Thanks for sharing with TFATU! --Becca/owner

Alyson Mayo said...

This is stunning - love the gold and black combination! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Lily-by-Gilly said...

I think you chose well - it looks like a fairy to me! The design is very elegant and I love the sentiment - words from my favourite Christmas carol. Gill

Rosmarie said...

Elegant and beautiful card.