Recognition

Monday, February 7, 2022

Retro Rubber Challenge 175 | Love Love Love!



This week at Retro Rubber, we are celebrating LOVE in our cards. I made a one layer card using a late 90s set from Studio Calico which just makes me laugh!  The card took several inking sessions.  First, I distressed the background in three colors. Second, I masked the large heart and distressed the hearts using a stencil. Third, I masked the background with the reverse mask, and distressed the large heart in oxide. Finally, the sentiment was white embossed.

Enjoy.

Project Details
Stamps/Dies Calico Studio Kissing
Spellbinders Hearts
My Favorite Things Lots of Hearts stencil
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Simon Says Stamp masking paper
 Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Distress ink (Worn Lipstick,
Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries,
Barn Door)
Versamark
Hero Arts white embossing powder
Embellishments
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform

4 comments:

Heather said...

Eek! That sentiment is awesome! I am giggling away now, lol. Your layered masking is amazing, and is so vibrant! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Claire Grantham said...

This is so much fun, love it! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

LeAnne said...

This is makes me laugh too! I remember seeing an Amish plaque that said "Kissin' don't last, cookin' do!" As a child, I had no idea what they were talking about, LOL! Such a fun sentiment and love the bright colors you used! Thanks for sharing it with us at Retro Rubber this week!

Neva Cole said...

What a fun card with a super nostalgic sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber! Neva DT