Recognition

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Playing Cards with Friends - Galentines


I was thrilled when Michele Ferguson from I Card Everyone asked me to her series "Playing Cards with Friends". In this session, Michele and I are each making Galentine cards for each other that are not predominantly red or pink.  Die cuts and stamping allowed.

I suppose I could have made a punny or funny galentine's... I decided just to go for cute! and sincere.

My primary image is Stampingbella's Tiny Townie Crafting Friends.  The image is stamped, Copic-colored, and fussy cut.  The girls are mounted atop several scrap DSPs from My Favorite Things and Memory Box.  The sentiments come from a few sets: Honey Bee Crafty Buzzword, My Favorite Things My Galentine, and Altenew Crafty Friends.

I am hoping when and if COVID ever ends... maybe Michele and I can meet and craft!  Of course, I am not sure we could be any further apart in the continental US. Whatever happens, there is always zoom.

Michele, thank you so much for inviting me to play cards!  All, please stop by Michele's place and see her galentine HERE.


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

OH. My. Stars! Elizabeth!! This is the cahUTEST card ever made! It could totally be you and me at age 6 when I loved nothing more than cutting and pasting anything I could get my hands on: favorite toys clipped from the Sears catalog would do! I can't put it down - there is so much to love on this darling 5x7 card!
I've already mapped a course to you - what's an 18 hour 57 minute drive between crafty friends??
Thank YOU so much for saying yes - a zoom day would be great fun, too!
=]

Mac Mable said...

Popped across from Michele's blog to take a look and so glad I did as this is one darling of a card x.

Bonnie said...

What a perfect card for a crafty galentine! Loving the plaid and that creative crafty sentinent!

HilaryJane said...

This is just lovely, two little girls happily playing with paper, brilliant. I love all the detail and how you have used the patterned paper xx

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! I am loving all the colors and those sweet girls! Oh I can relate!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute! Love the addition of pattern to the sentiment. Delightful card, Elizabeth!

LeAnne said...

This is oh-so-cute! Love those little crafty galentines! And you two can always meet in the middle at my house, LOL! ♥

Stef Perry said...

What a sweet card and fabulous design, Elizabeth! Your creativity knows no bounds! I'm especially smitten with the word crafty die cut from what looks like a paper strip panel. Love it!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so sweet, Elizabeth! It looks like (younger version of ) you and Michele are "playing cards"! Perfect galentine card!
Hideko xx