Recognition

Saturday, December 25, 2021

Giving Thanks to My 2021 Cardmaking Influencers

There are a large number of cardmakers who influence me everyday.  Today recognizing the year is coming to an end, I wanted to take a moment to thank and highlight a few of them.  In alphabetical order…

Michele Ferguson, I Card Everyone
Michele Ferguson is a master of backgrounds and stamped die cuts.  She has a knack for building dimensional layouts.  I loved this card…and it even introduced me to a new stamp company.








Alice Huang, Alice’s {Little} Wonderland
This year I worked to better “layer” papers, and Alice’s style was my guide.  First, her coloring and choice of colors is amazing.  Second, Alice has an uncanny ability to cut and angle images, then layer scrap cardstock, doilies, and sequins beneath the trimmed images.  Her tendency to fussy cut sentiments works with her layering style.  Since I own too much patterned paper and rarely buy die cuts for words or images, her techniques have greatly influenced my design in 2021.






Joanne James, The Crafty Owl
Joanne’s blog is so well organized.  In 2022, I have to work on my blog.  Since starting the new “papersweetness” last year, I have struggled deciding on my style, content and layout.  Joanne’s blog is so well written and informative. Joanne’s style is so versatile. One of my favorite cards this year….




Jen Mitchell, I Create
Jen has a CAS style that I love.  Simple and impactful.  This card really caught my eye this year.









Ardyth Percy-Robb, arydth (formerly MASKerade)
I have always loved Ardyth’s cards.  She has an amazing sense of color and simplicity in her often square cards.  She has mastered video-making and I never miss one.  Her hacks and techniques are gems.  One of my favorite cards from this year coincides with a 2022 goal to try to use more alcohol ink techniques:






Cécile Ribon, Jeuxdevlin
I love Cécile’s clean and simple style from her use of layered kraft to simple die cuts, sometimes use of watercolor, cord and beads.  Simply elegant.





Amy Rohl, Ink About Me
I consider Amy the Queen of color challenges.  I struggle with color challenges though I persevere each week because I know the out of box thinking required for a card with limited colors improves my cardmaking.  Amy’s ability to use any color set amazes me.  Her style is airy with clean stamping, touches of watercolor, and wonderful layering.







Nina-Marie Trapani 
Nina-Marie changed my thinking about shaker cards in June by introducing me to the edge-to-edge method of making shakers with used packaging.  I am now addicted and have made dozens of shakers with this technique.  Check out the video if you are not familiar with the technique.

Kristina Werner, KWerner Design Blog
My primary goal in 2022 is to adopt watercolors in my cardmaking on a daily basis.  I always turn to my Copics, in the new year I want to learn to use watercolors as adeptly (and without fear!).  I am planning to use Kristina as a guide.  I am going to replay all her online watercolor classes, rewatch her watercolor videos, and jump in.  The “look” achieved in this no line watercolor video is what I hope to achieve with practice.


Fran Wing, FranmadeInOregon
Fran has turned out some amazing cards this year; this thank you being one of my favorites.  I can just see myself sending this note out after a dinner at a friend’s house. So cute.

There are so many more cardmakers I could mention and hope to over 2022.  Thanks to all for your willingness to share!

No comments: