Recognition

Monday, November 15, 2021

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #56 - Christmas Snippets & Alphabet Challenge


This week at Christmas Kickstart, we are creating cards with Christmas Snippets.  What is a snippet?  It is all those little bits of designer paper we save because we don't want to waste or part with it.  The Alphabet Challenge this week is P for Patterned Paper, so I will be combining the two challenges.  In making this card, I was amazed how much scrap designer paper I have saved.  Also I don't seem to have a rule like nothing smaller than 2x2", I save all the tiny little strips!  I chose Tim Holtz' Santa's Helper dies because it required so many bits of paper (and it is a NBUS set for me). Decorative edges are die cuts from Poppystamps Tailored Stitches. The white embossed sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp's Tabbed Holiday Sentiments.  Also I added a few wood veneer stars that I have been hoarding!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Billie A said...

Awesome card. Great papers, image and design. So glad you shared over at Alphabet challenge,

Dotty Jo said...

What a fun way to use snippets! This is lovely, Eliz. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Di said...

What a great card this is! Super use of snippets. Sometimes I wonder if I need therapy due to all my snippets hoarding - then am reassured that others are exactly the same!

Hugs

Di xx (Christmas Kickstart GD for November)

Deborah Wheeler said...

What a great way to use your scrap pieces Elizabeth! A perfect use of patterned papers - thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

cheiro urgia said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, the little elf is so cute, and your way of using those snippets is brilliant! I, too, save almost all the bits and pieces that are left over from various crafting projects, and I always plan to use them somehow someday - but no matter how I try, the snippet stash grows! I guess I'll have to do a clean-up for once and I might copy your idea when doing so. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika