Recognition

Saturday, October 9, 2021

Just Us Girls #605 -- TREND Week


At Just Us Girls this week, Sue is hosting TREND week... and the trend is HEAT EMBOSSED EMBOSSING FOLDERS!  I had never tried this technique before but like the end results.  I used a very old Craft-Too embossing folder, pink Stardream cardstock, and Hero Arts very fine white embossing powder.  When happy with results, I added several small vellum butterflies (die cut from Memory Box' Butterfly Delights) and a stamped sentiment from Savvy Stamps.

If you have never tried heat embossing an embossing folder, you can see the details on a Jennifer McGuire inspired tutorial.

Remember we are welcoming Nora Noll as a Guest Designer for the month of October!

Be sure to stop by each of the DT member blogs, check out their cards, and leave them a bit of love.

I can't wait to see your heat embossed embossing folder creations in the gallery!  Have fun crafting.

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out so pretty with the pink — well done! 😀

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I absolutely love how the white embossing on the pink turned out! Great choice of embossing folders and love the added little vellum butterflies! You nailed this!

Nancy said...

Love this Elizabeth! I love that someone went on the pastel side of things. The butterflies are a perfect addition! Lovely card!

Bobby said...

Those flowers pop off the white embossing, Elizabeth. I never thought to use white on colored cardstock. I love this technique so much I will definitely be trying it. Your card is beautiful!

Ina G said...

So very soft and feminine Elizabeth. Just beautiful!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty Elizabeth - love it!

Cécile RIBON said...

Using this technique with pale pink paper and white embossing turned out beautifully! I just love this dainty and elegant card, Elizabeth!