Recognition

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Just Us Girls #603 -- PHOTO Week


It is PHOTO week at Just Us Girls.  Ina picked a beautiful planter of hydrangea for us to work with... I made a simple thank you card.  I smooshed two water color panels using various blue and purple distress inks.  I probably should have been a little heavier handed with the Wilted Violet and Concord Grape to achieve the true purples in Ina's photo.  After the panels dried, I die cut Essentials by Ellen's Mod Floral from each panel, then Copic-colored the leaves in G28 and G29.  I embossed Lil' Inker Designs Basketweave onto a kraft cardbase then adhered the two watercolor panels, overlapping them.  The white embossed sentiment is from My Favorite Things Thanks and Gratitude.  I thought about embellishments but think the card is enough as is!

Remember we are welcoming Loll Thompson as a Guest Designer for the month of September!

Be sure to stop by each of the DT member blogs, check out their cards, and leave them a bit of love.

I can't wait to see your color creations in the gallery!  Have fun crafting.

8 comments:

Bobby said...

A friend used that die on a card recently and I had to check it out to see that those weren't individual blossoms. Your layering of them in different colors made such a beautiful flower, Elizabeth.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of die cuts - great inspired card

Loll said...

Beautiful hydrangea blooms, Eliz! Love the mix of colours and the colour and texture of your wonderful background. Thanks for having me as Guest Designer this month!

Macimbalo said...

This is really pretty and a neat interpretation of the photo!!!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card, Eliz! A great idea indeed!

Ina G said...

I am loving all those beautiful multi coloured flowers Elizabeth and THAT background just brings then to life. Love it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those beautiful flowers with the variation of shades by die cutting them from the watercolor smooshed paper. Very pretty arrangement against that textured background. Beautiful!

Lisa Kind said...

Love the water colored flowers and the texture of your background. Lovely card!