Recognition

Monday, September 6, 2021

Inspired By...Scrappy September IB185


We are being SCRAPPY over at Inspired By... this week.  It was the perfect challenge for me to figure out what to do with the 1914 (!) postcard you see on the front of my card.  I found this treasure for a friend who is in the mailing business, and hoped to incorporate it into a card to top her Christmas present.  The card was mailed Christmas Eve from Burlington, Iowa, from one sister to another in Wisconsin.  The postage was 1 cent.  I created a 5x7 card base to fully accommodate the postcard, and covered it Memory Box Christmas paper, doilies and gold foil.  The gold foil was die cut with a decorative edge from Poppystamps.  The postcard is adhered with removable tape.  A bit of May Arts gold cord is tied to the top of the card.  In the corner is attached another little treasure for her... a 5 cent mistletoe stamp, covered in glossy accents, mounted on 120lb cardstock, and backed with a lapel pin mount.

Enjoy.  Thanks for the very productive challenge!



2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

See what I mean?? Come ON! What a treasure to share with your friend - and the perfect friend to share it with!!
Elizabeth, this is an absolute amazing find - and incredible 'scrappy' card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at IB before sending!
=]

Danni Reid said...

My goodness, what an absolutely amazing gift! I love this idea so much and your card is just gorgeous!! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!