Recognition

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #499 - A Sketch by Jen M




I can't lie, I really struggled with this week's SKETCH at Freshly Made Sketches.  Sketches and Colors are the toughest challenges for me.  I play in these challenges because I think it is good to stretch myself and think out of the box.  But today's sketch was tough for some reason.  We are making cards with objects taking up the opposite corners of a card.  The DT provided great inspiration (absolutely loved Jen Mitchell's card!) but nothing came to me...  So I have made a simple card.  Two pieces of Memory Box patterned paper with designs in the corners, cut on the diagonal and adhered to the card base.  A long die cut sentiment from Lawn Fawn. Finally a small heart from Simon Says Stamp mini heart border.... because I failed to center the sentiment when adhering!  I laughed because Nancy Leppeck actually questioned the hearts on her card this morning!  All in all, not my best work.  I am sharing because I think it is important for cardmakers to share their struggles with others so we can all learn.

Take care.

4 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I think you are being way too hard on yourself! This is a terrific card. I love that you took advantage of the patterned paper that - unbelievably - seems custom made for this challenge. And the little heart at the end of the die cut sentiment doesn't look like it's just taking up blank space, it looks like it was destined to be there. I think this card is quite lovely and I thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches! <3

Kim S said...

What a fabulous use of that paper! I love how you fit it to this card size and then used the long sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lisa Elton said...

I wanted to stop by to say hi and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! What a darling card this is. I like the sweet flowers in the opposing corners with that great die cut sentiment!

Cécile RIBON said...

You may have struggled with the sketch, but the card you ended up with is absolutely delightful. I just love the pretty patterned paper and the long die-cut sentiment in the diagonal. Thanks so for for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.