Recognition

Friday, August 13, 2021

Double D Mason Jar Challenge


This week at Double D, we are creating cards with MASON JARS.  I immediately knew I wanted to do something with canning.  I have to admit this card turned out a bit more complicated than I would have liked.  I like white space and this card has little.  Maybe I should have created only one jar as a focal point; I am not sure.  The jars are from Papertrey Ink; the lids were all die cut from Mirracard (silver and copper).  Within the jars, I used the fruit from Avery Elle's Berry Good set.  This is where I got a bit crazy.  I should probably have stamped and masked each of the pieces of fruit. I, however, stamped, Copic-colored, and fussy cut each berry!  Then adhered the berries to the jar base.  At least the peaches were easy! :)

The sentiment is from My Favorite Things; die cut from glossy white cardstock.  The trio of jars are set within a rectangular frame from My Favorite Things.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Wow that was a lot of work, but well worth the effort, they are fabulous!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

Oh Elizabeth, this is just perfect! You've put so much work into this amazing card and we appreciate your efforts ... it's awesome! GREAT JOB! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Mason Jar’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!