Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Alphabet Challenge: I is for Insects



This week at the Alphabet Challenge, we are creating cards with "I" for insects.  I started off intending to use Lawn Fawn's Hey Lady set.  But as I thought about the card, I decided to go in a different direction. I had a small package of ladybug brads in my stash.  I smooshed two watercolor cardstock panels with various green DOX inks.  Once dry, the panels were trimmed.  One panel was adhered to the card base, the other was die cut with Poppystamps' Lorelei Leaf.  Two ladybugs were adhered to the leaf which was adhered to the card base.  The sentiment from the Hey Lady set was white embossed and adhered to the card base.  The last addition was a clear transparency layer.  The layer was cut 2.5" x 5.5" and scored at 2".  Scortape was added to the scored edge, the taped edge was adhered to the back of the card base.  The transparency can be folded inside or outside the card.  A stamped magnifying glass was adhered to the transparency.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

Billie A said...

Oh my gosh this card is awesome. I love the colors, the background and the darling design. So clever. Thanks for sharing over at Alphabet Challenge.

cheiro urgia said...

You managed to create such a wonderful card, I love how vivid the greens look. The ladybugs are such a perfect addition to your sentiment, and I also like how you emphasised the phrase with a magnifying glass. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

Danni Reid said...

Oh my goodness, I love your smooshing watercolor panel background, it is the perfect layer to focus on those CUTE ladybugs! This card is perfect!!

Dawn Phillips said...

This is lovely, and it's such a sweet sentiment. Thanks for joining my Alphabet Challenge theme. Love Dawn x