Recognition

Friday, July 9, 2021

Shopping Our Stash #449 & The Male Room #152 - Christmas in July (1)


Both Shopping Our Stash and The Male Room are challenging us with CHRISTMAS IN JULY this month.  I made two Christmas cards with "old" sets that could be sent to a male. The card featured in this post is a one-layer wonder.  All of the images are from Hero Arts Home Christmas Scene. I have had this set in my stash for years, but never pulled it out because it seemed like so much work. I had intended to focus the card on the Christmas tree but to my dismay, I learned that the stamp was flawed, and the middle of the tree would not stamp.  So I put the tree off to the side using the area that would stamp.  Slowly I stamped and added in the fireplace, cat, mice, presents, candle, and wreath to the kraft card base.  Using a permanent marker, I drew in a ground line and wall markers.  All of the images and the background are Copic-colored.  The sentiment is from Impression Obsession.

I love how the card turned out.  Enjoy.

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a fun sentiment on this wonderful image. Love your background too. Thank you so much for joining us in our Christmas in July challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

MA-MI said...

You did a great masculine Christmas card! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

Maja, DT

Majda said...

You created a beautiful Christmas card - thank you so much for joining the The Male Room blog.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT