Recognition

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Seize the Birthday #217 - Embossing Folder



This week at Seize the Birthday, the "topping" is EMBOSSING FOLDERS. Thank you so much for this challenge!  I own a number of embossing folders but rarely use them. I spent hours yesterday just playing with different methods of using embossing folders.  I highly recommend these two videos by Jennifer McGuire and Jaycee from Altenew if you want to better understand the possibilities of embossing folders.  The card posted was my favorite but the photo does not do it justice.  I used a Sizzix folder, and unfortunately I don't know its name.  

On Friday, Kristen Werner demonstrated the difference in smooshing distress vs distress oxide inks.  I decided to play with ink smooshing DOX on watercolor paper.  The effect was lovely and flat.  I used four or five colors and the blend was wonderful.  When dry, I embossed the watercolor panel. Then I very lightly tapped gold delicata ink on top of the raised patterns.  The card has the most amazing shine. I let the panel thoroughly dry.

The final embossed panel was trimmed and mounted to a card base whose left hand edge is lined with HAI gold foil tape.  The sentiment is from Mama Elephant and die cut from rose gold Mirracard.  Translucent sequins finish the card.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the inky background and all the gold
Carol x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and great job with that DOX and the embossing. I like how you tapped the gold ink over the raised areas. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.