Recognition

Monday, July 26, 2021

Christmas Card Throwdown July Stash Challenge




We have an interesting challenge over at Christmas Card Throwdown this week.  We are making Christmas cards using vellum in connection with any kind of window.  I was inspired by Fabiola's card...how she used vellum to create a shaker.  Giving it a try, I distressed an A2 panel in Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, and Salty Ocean. I covered the panel in vellum, adhering the vellum in the back with Scortape (using the edge-to-edge method).  I filled the pocket with lots of white sequins and sealed the shaker.  Nothing.  You could see nothing through the vellum, not like Fabiola's card at all.  I am guessing that the vellum I have is too thick (28#), and likely needs to be closer to the weight of tracing paper.

I dismantled the shaker, saving the distressed A2 panel.  I flicked Copic, opaque white, drops over the distressed panel to act as snow.  Next I stamped, Copic-colored and die cut the Santas and tree.  All images are from My Favorite Things Joyous Holiday.  Prior to stamping the tree, I stamped the sentiment (from Mama Elephant's Mini Merry Messages) and stamped.  The three images were then mounted on a window -- a white rectangle frame from My Favorite Things, and backed in vellum prior to being adhered to the distressed panel.

Enjoy.



4 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

So cheery! You're making me wish for Christmas!

My Paper Epiphany said...

So very beautiful! I love your cheery Santas! Yes I agree about the thickness of vellum. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card at 52CCT:)

Rosmarie said...

What an adorable and fun Christmas card! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

Goga said...

Fantastic Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at the 52CCT. Goga