Recognition

Monday, July 12, 2021

AAA Cards Birthday Challenge - Game #27 - Use An Embossing Folder


This week at AAA Birthday, we are being challenged to use an EMBOSSING FOLDER on our birthday cards.  There is a story behind this embossed cupcake panel.  A close cardmaking friend made this panel for me more than 10 years ago.  Over the years, she has been instrumental in pushing me to try new techniques and tools in cardmaking.  I remember her bringing the panel with her to a cardmaking session at my house.  She may have been pushing me to try embossing folders or maybe even the Cuddle-bug.  I loved the embossed cupcake panel.  Do you ever receive something that you hoard thinking you will never have the perfect project for it?  That is what happened with my cupcake panel... but here it is on the perfect card. 

Atop the embossed panel is a die cut Paper Smooches cupcake.  The cupcake holder is die cut from kraft and topped with a trimmed crisscross piece (Paper Smooches also) for dimension.  The cupcake top was die cut from scrap cardstock that had been distressed in Worn Lipstick and Candied Applies with a heart background overlay stamped in Picked Raspberry.  The white embossed sentiment is also Paper Smooches, Birthday Messages. A die cut cherry from the set is foam-mounted to the cupcake and covered in crystal Stickles. A white My Favorite Things rectangular frame was added to finish the card.

I am also submitting this card to Seize the Birthday #218 - Framed.  This is my second entry for Framed. Quite by accident, I included a frame on my submission to AAA Birthday.

Enjoy.







4 comments:

Jane said...

Well a cupcake embossed background couldn't be more perfect to showcase the large cupcake focal image.Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Cardsbymaaike said...

what a cute cupcake , looks fabulous. Thank you for playing at AAA Birthday Cards

shirley-bee said...

That embossed cupcake background is perfect for this card! Isn’t it great when the right project comes along for a treasured/hoarded item? Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

Wei said...

So sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.