Recognition

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Christmas Card Throwdown June Technique Challenge


For our mid-month challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown, we have a Tic Tac Toe board which I love to play.   Given that it is a bit of a 'stash" board, I worked hard to come up with a card.  I have two bins set up in my craft room, one with Christmas stamps sets/dies I have used in cardmaking, a second bin holds sets/dies that I have never used or need to use more.  Simon Says Stamp Naivety was in the never used bin! The set came out in 2014... and is still in my stash!  Once Naivety was determined as an element, I decided to follow the bottom row: Washi Tape (gold tape runs along the left hand edge of my card). Naivety (stamp was copic-colored and fussy cut; the shed was also fussy cut from cardboard). And Twine (hemp was gathered and attached in the shed to represent straw). The elements are mounted on a selection of scrap Christmas paper.  The sentiment is a die cut from Technique Tuesday. Sequins and a crystal star were the final touches.  Personally I find this card very busy... I probably could have gotten away without the patterned papers, and just lined the shed in gold washi... just not sure.

Enjoy.



2 comments:

Rosmarie said...

Love your choice from the Tic Tac Toe grid and the mix of patterned paper! You did an awesome card with! Thank you very much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

TracyB said...

Lovely card Elizabeth. I love how you combined the elements from my TicTacToe challenge over at 52CCT. I hope that you will come and play along with us again.